Skip to main content

Dalton Arts Guild Membership Show Ends June 30th!

So if anyone was planning on going but wasn't sure how much time they had...go soon, you got a week.  Unfortunately I will not be able to check the show out myself, but I've heard that it was especially good this year.  Many great Berkshire artists involved.  It's important to support local arts, and the Berkshires are trying especially hard to keep culture growing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shireen Baratheon

Soon after I finished the Warhammer: Invasion pieces, I was asked to contribute to the Valar Dohaeris deck in the Game of Thrones LCG.  The AD asked me to do a character card of Shireen Baratheon.  She is the daughter of Stannis Baratheon and she has Greyscale on her cheek and neck.  The AD wanted an image of her looking up at a giant at The Wall, and he wanted it from the perspective of the giant. Final Sketch ©Fantasy Flight Games Final Painting ©Fantasy Flight Games I am pretty obsessed with the Song of Fire and Ice series, so this was a true honor for me.  This might be a fairly minor character, but just the idea that George R.R. Martin had to give the final OK on the image just makes me so happy.

Smilodon and Elasmotherium

I have just finished another two paintings in my ongoing Prehistoric Creatures series.  The most recent four in the series have all been mammals that lived millions of years after the dinosaurs went extinct.  I plan to do seven of these mammals and then go back to dinosaurs, maybe group them into Prehistoric Creatures Series 1, Series 2, etc.  They are all for sale, but they have been snatched up quick, so if anyone as inquiries on pricing, please email me at owweberillustration@gmail.com . I have been doing pencil portraits of many prehistoric animals on my instagram account, and these two have gotten the most likes, which is a great way of knowing which creature to paint next for this series.  Smilodon is very well know.  Along with the Woolly Mammoth, it's one of the most well known extinct creatures from the Early Pleistocene era.  It was only a matter of time before I was going to paint this guy.  I wanted to show it in a way that was not ofte...

Boon of Tzeentch

Finally I am able to release my first piece for Fantasy Flight Games.  It's called Boon of Tzeentch and it was done for the newly released Warhammer: Invasion deck called Fragments of Power.  I don't always push myself to do demonic, dark work all the time so it was fun to get to do a piece like this. So it started with the drawing: I like to keep my drawings more linear, I've found in the painting stage that makes the image more clear to me, especially if there is a lot of detail, like this one, of which I need to keep track. ©Fantasy Flight Games Once the art director accepted the drawing I moved onto the painting stage.  It started out where just the eyes were glowing from the power of Tzeentch (and since the character, a chaos sorcerer, had an eye in his hand I thought that would be a nice touch for his hand to glow).  But once the art director saw how that looked she wanted the light streaming from the tattoos overcoming his body. ©Fantasy Flight Gam...