Skip to main content

Post Gen Con and Star Wars

Gen Con was a blast this year! It was so much fun to finally have a booth of my own this year.  It was a very different experience, for the first time I didn't see much of the actual convention.  In the past I have walked through everyone's booth at least once or twice, this year I probably saw a quarter of what was there.  It was great to hear all the compliments from the attendees, and I loved drawing on people play mats and signing cards!  That was truly an amazing experience!  It was wonderful to see past friends and make some great new ones.  Here are a few pictures from the weekend.
Sarah at the booth on wednesday

Me and my Booth

Elisabeth Alba and a true leg man

My first play mat sketch

This woman had unicorns covering her play mat

Another Play Mat

My view all Weekend

Right before I left for Indianapolis, I was given the new Star Wars: Edge of Darkness Expansion pack from Fantasy Flight Games.  Now, this is not the final version of the card image.  The printed version had a square ratio instead of the rectangle ratio they commissioned of me.  So the image was changed a bit... But this is the version that I am most happy with, and the one I will put on my website.
I loved doing this piece, I am a huge Star Wars fan, and it was an honor painting Chewy and Han, my two favorite characters.  The scene I am depicting is literally a 2 second shot from Return of the Jedi where Han and Chewy rig the Empire's control center on Endor with explosives.  

Sabotage!, Oil on Paper on Masonite, 2012



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shireen Baratheon

Soon after I finished the Warhammer: Invasion pieces, I was asked to contribute to the Valar Dohaeris deck in the Game of Thrones LCG.  The AD asked me to do a character card of Shireen Baratheon.  She is the daughter of Stannis Baratheon and she has Greyscale on her cheek and neck.  The AD wanted an image of her looking up at a giant at The Wall, and he wanted it from the perspective of the giant. Final Sketch ©Fantasy Flight Games Final Painting ©Fantasy Flight Games I am pretty obsessed with the Song of Fire and Ice series, so this was a true honor for me.  This might be a fairly minor character, but just the idea that George R.R. Martin had to give the final OK on the image just makes me so happy.

Smilodon and Elasmotherium

I have just finished another two paintings in my ongoing Prehistoric Creatures series.  The most recent four in the series have all been mammals that lived millions of years after the dinosaurs went extinct.  I plan to do seven of these mammals and then go back to dinosaurs, maybe group them into Prehistoric Creatures Series 1, Series 2, etc.  They are all for sale, but they have been snatched up quick, so if anyone as inquiries on pricing, please email me at owweberillustration@gmail.com . I have been doing pencil portraits of many prehistoric animals on my instagram account, and these two have gotten the most likes, which is a great way of knowing which creature to paint next for this series.  Smilodon is very well know.  Along with the Woolly Mammoth, it's one of the most well known extinct creatures from the Early Pleistocene era.  It was only a matter of time before I was going to paint this guy.  I wanted to show it in a way that was not ofte...

Boon of Tzeentch

Finally I am able to release my first piece for Fantasy Flight Games.  It's called Boon of Tzeentch and it was done for the newly released Warhammer: Invasion deck called Fragments of Power.  I don't always push myself to do demonic, dark work all the time so it was fun to get to do a piece like this. So it started with the drawing: I like to keep my drawings more linear, I've found in the painting stage that makes the image more clear to me, especially if there is a lot of detail, like this one, of which I need to keep track. ©Fantasy Flight Games Once the art director accepted the drawing I moved onto the painting stage.  It started out where just the eyes were glowing from the power of Tzeentch (and since the character, a chaos sorcerer, had an eye in his hand I thought that would be a nice touch for his hand to glow).  But once the art director saw how that looked she wanted the light streaming from the tattoos overcoming his body. ©Fantasy Flight Gam...